Advice needed for tiling around Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm tiling all my bathroom walls, floor and even a tiled bath problem, but I have a slight problem which I'm looking for advice on.

Basically, I have a query regarding tiling round my bath.
You see my bath sits against 3 walls and is nearly the full length of my bathroom except for a 100-200mm gap between the end of the bath and the wall.

I am hoping to put on a tiled bath panel the full length of the bathroom.
But I'm not sure what would be the best way to box in and tile the top of this gap. I was thinking about putting in a shelf and tiling it, but I don't know whats the best way to do this, Should I:
1. make sure the finished tiled shelf sits flush with the top of the bath,
2. make the finished tiled shelf slightly lower than the height of the bath or
3. make the wooden shelf flush with the top of the bath, which means that once I tile it the tiled shelf would be sitting slightly higher than the top of the bath.

I was just wondering if anybody has ever come across this problem before or if anybody would have any recommendations on what I should do. I have attached a sketched layout of my bathrrom so that you can see what I mean.

Sponsored Links
if your going for a shelf at this wall.
build it using a backerboard.. aquapanel/hardie/wedi..etc(maybe a tanking membrane as well on top of the b/board..dura/homelux etc)

fix your shelf at a gradient towards the bath,so if any water get on it ,it will run into bath.

or stud out the wall flush with the bath,you could build a recessed shelf in the middle of the wall.

if your going for a shelf at this wall.
build it using a backerboard.. aquapanel/hardie/wedi..etc(maybe a tanking membrane as well on top of the b/board..dura/homelux etc)

fix your shelf at a gradient towards the bath,so if any water get on it ,it will run into bath.

or stud out the wall flush with the bath,you could build a recessed shelf in the middle of the wall.

Hi
I was going to use a bit of aquapanel anyway. I have a bit left over from the bath panel I made.

As for studding out the wall, I'm a bit reluctant to do that as the walls are brick and the ceiling has an artex pattern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back