Advice needed - oak worktops

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

A couple of years ago I had my kitchen redone, with new oak worktops. It was treated with Osmo Oil initially (3 coats). One bit of the wood wasn't great, so after a while I put some more Osmo Oil on it to seal it a bit better. Unfortunately I chose the 'natural' colour, which gave me a very different colour to the remaining worktops. A couple of weeks ago I tried to remedy this by using Osmo Topoil Clear Matt to try and get everything back to the same colour, but the 'natural' (white tinged) colour remained. Does antyone have any advice on how to get all my worktops looking the same/back to the old colour? I attach photos so you can see the difference. Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1191.jpg
    IMG_1191.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 150
Sponsored Links
I'd go and ask Osmo I'm sure they'll know how to get this back. Personally and as far as I know, scraping it back to wood and reapplying the correct coating is probably the only option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back