Advice Needed on a Potterton EP2002 Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Our Ep2002 unit died this morning and now appears to have no power to it. I have checked the fuses and they are ok. We called a gas plumber and he reckons the Potterton EP2 will not fit the backplate we have for the EP2002 so we can't use that as a replacement unit.
Is he correct, as I have been on a few forums and part sites and as far as I can tell it is a straight swap.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron

Sponsored Links
As long as the existing backplate is ok then its a straight diy swap.If the backplate is faulty/damaged then it will need exchanging which is also straight forward diy but If the backplate has been used as a wiring center with terminals ABCD & neutral and earth tethering points fully occupied then some wiring alteration are required. The ep2 backplate has fewer terminals and tethering points so maybe not diy.

so yes & no.

I have an EP2002 controller. Just fitted a Hive so its going beggin.

Sponsored Links
Hi chunkybuns,
Thanks for the offer but one of our neighbors is a gas plumber and he had a Honeywell unit which he fitted for us.
Our original plumber was a boyfriend of a relative which is why we went to him first.
All sorted now though.

Thanks,

Aaron

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back