Replace Potterton EP2001 with EP2002

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
20230821_200016.jpg
20230821_195954.jpg

Hi. I know this is old kit but the buttons on my EP2001 (left) have stopped working and I'd like to know if it's OK to replace the controller with a EP2002 (right) I have acquired, whilst retaining the existing back plate and wiring (top).

The schematic on the labels look equivalent. The EP2001 looks to have 2 x programing lock switches which aren't on the EP2002 and I guess aren't essential. Also the EP2002 has a two position rotary switch. I'm not sure how to tell if my HW is pumped or gravity fed. My system has a non-combination boiler and a hot water cylinder.

I could control central heating and hot-water independently with the EP2001. I understand there's both Y and S plan wiring but am unsure which mine is.

Any information is appreciated.

I understand the EP2 is a more recent model than the EP2002 I've got.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Looks ok imo to swap. You have no hot water off, so you have an s plan system, which is fully pumped.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
look at the back of clock on the left were it says 10/16
16 is same as fully pumped on one on the right
Thanks. I could only find a user manual for the old EP2001 and not an installation manual to see what the left hand slide switch (16/10) actually set.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back