potterton EP200 replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys,i have a old potterton ep200 controller,was looking for replacement and im looking at this.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Potterton-...potterton+ep2+programmer+electronic+2+channel

the problem i have is my old one says EP200,and this one is a replacement for a EP2000/EP2001/EP2002/EP2003,i take it these are the years of manufacture,is there a 0 missing of my controller,or are they completly different.[the control buttons on the new one are very different from the one ive allready got].
see attached pic

Been having some strange issues with the boiler[potterton netaheat,about 16 years old] not coming on at certain times and needs the power to be turned off and back on again to reset.

many thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
here is a pic of the one i got

Attachments

• IMG_2361.JPG
    IMG_2361.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 170
Sponsored Links
Hi gasman,why i think its the programmer that is faulty,where do i start,lately the boiler has not been firing up sometimes ,i have the programmer set,come on 5am,off at 9am,come back on 2pm,off 9pm,both H/W/C/H

Some mornings it would not come on or sometimes it would not come on in the afternoon[for no apparent reason]if i try to override at controls for the boiler to come back on nothing would happen,what i have been doing is turning off all the power to the house,making sure the timers are set to off,turn back on and reset the clock and timers,even if i set it to come on in an hour it will not come back on,i have to set it to come back on in say 4/5 hours and it will fire up,or sometimes it will not fire up to the next cycle in the morning.

Did i say i have an old potterton netaheat that needs a good service.

C/H motorised valve and H/W motorised valve upstairs by the cylinder tank,for some time now the hot water will not come on when asked to by the controller,i have changed the valve and changed 2 motors in the same valve and still will not give hot water when asked to by the controller[its been like this for a good while now],so the little lever on the valve is set to constant,with the thermostat on the cylinder turned down to about 70 degrees.

Does that make any sense

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back