Advice needed on new bathroom suite

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, hope this is the right place to ask my question, as, although I'm not a DIYer (apart from small tasks!), I'm sure there is a great deal of knowledge here.

In short I'm looking to replace my bathroom suite (everything - bath, basin and loo and all fixtures and fittings) as well as create a new en-suite (again everything - shower, basin and loo). I've had a quick search around and have found prices from a couple of hundred to £5000+! Now I can't afford the latter but know I need to spend more than the former to achieve a little bit of quality.

So what are folks thoughts on how much to spend and perhaps where to get it. Would £1000 get me a reasonable quality family bathroom? Would the same amount do for the en-suite? This figure is just for the hardware and doesn't include any fitting costs. Are they realistic figure's for a 'decent' bathroom and en-suite - if not, how much is? I don't have a fixed budget, would just like some guidance on what I should be looking for.

Can anyone recommend makes/manufacturers at the mid-range budget level?

Thanks for any advice.
Nick

Sponsored Links
Hi Nick,

I have just replaced my bathroom, the bath was a BETTE bath which comes from Germany. The baths are metal and very strong and can be ordered from your local supplier.

http://www.bette.co.uk/

They come in all different sizes, so you can find just what you want.

The basin and toilet I got from Twyfords.

http://www.twyfordbathrooms.com/Products.aspx

The toilet I went for was a lever flush with a flapper valve in the cistern.

The best advice is when you have it tiled, get a professional tiler, if will make a big difference.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back