Advice needed on public liability insurance.

Not open for further replies.
10 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi peeps, I have a question relating to taking out a public liability policy.
I have just finished college and gained my C+G level 2 in plumbing.
I have phoned round the plumbing companies in my local area and asked if I can help them out for free so that I can gain some hands on experience. One guy has said I can work for him 2 or 3 days a week as long as I sort out my own public liability insurance. I have gone online to get a quotes and all of the brokers want the name of MY company. Obviously, as I'm not actually trading as a company and am only helping out with another company I can't take out my own insurance. Is there any way that i can get around this as I am very keen to get my hands dirty and I think this is a great opportunity to learn more of the trade.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!

Sponsored Links
You're going to give him some free labour and he wants you to get your own public liability? Walk away man.

As for liability class yourself as a sole trader, ie your company name is yourself.
just tell them that your company name is "(insert your name here )- Plumbing"..

you don't have to have a company to have a company name, it's just the name you trade under so that they can reference back to you..
Thanks for the advice guys. I didn't realise you don't have to be trading to have a company name. Many thanks! :D
Sponsored Links
Not open for further replies.