Advice needed on S.T Monsoon N3.0 Bar Twin water pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been having problems with my water pump since I had an electric shower put in last year.
First it kept turning on & off like when you turn the tap on, one day I counted that it did this 40 times in one day! (No leaks from the taps) So I have been turning the pump off from the mains and only turning it on when I need hot water in my kitchen. But now the pump sounds different to how it used to and will sometimes stop mid flow of water running. Sometimes it will not come on when I switch it on from the mains and it makes a humming noise and a burning smell coming from it so I turn it straight off.
I live in a Housing Association property (10yrs) and I had maintenance out today, sods law the pump came on so he says as he see's it here and now it's working, no matter what I have told him it's has been doing for the last year!

Can anyone shed some light on what might be wrong with it please?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid to say but when you mention -
Sometimes it will not come on when I switch it on from the mains and it makes a humming noise and a burning smell coming from it
then that doesn't bode well :(
That's a case of either the impeller ( the bit that does the pumping) is jamming due to wear or the motor itself is on its last legs

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply... I know it's on it's last legs but it's proving it to these incompetent maintenance men that know nothing.
:(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back