S.T. Monsoon N3.0 Bar Twin Pump: advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We currently have an electric shower that runs straight off the mains. I'm considering switching to a thermostatic mixer shower instead.

I've got the following set up;

- top floor flat
- a 400x800 Hot water cylinder
- a 600x500x450 Cold water cistern positioned just above the cylinder
- a Stuart Turner Monsoon N3.0 Bar Twin Pump which powers the taps.
- my wife and I spend a combined total of 30 mins in the shower in the morning.

I was considering installing a shower mixer tap to the bath. However, because the capacity of my hot water tank is so paltry and the pump is so powerful, I'm guessing I'm going to run out of hot water extremely quickly.

Note: I wouldn't mind reducing the flow, if the pressure was higher.

I've read that showerheads could hold the answer.

appanretly here are many now designed for about 3 bar which supply only about 10 litres/minute but introduce air into the flow which sort of makes it more volume.

I am guessing that a mixer shower and normal shower head, powered by that the 3.0 pump, is going to push out more like 20 litres per minute. I'm worried that even with the added air, I'm going to run out of hot water too quickly.

Can anyone give me some guidance? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
I think you're probably right, but when I moved into the flat it had this 3.0 bar pump already fitted, so I'd like to find a solution which uses it, but doesn't empty my hot water cylinder so quickly ? Any ideas? In laws coming to stay soon, so need to fix asap! :) otherwise her dad will give me grief!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back