advice needed on two projects

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would appreciate if I could be advised and guided on two projects that Im undertaking in this week.

In one project I am required to do the following:

PROJECT 1

1. complete bathroom refit in which a wall has to be sorted out with either plasterboard or plaster

2. A wall needs to be built to subdivide a room (no permission needed as it is only a stud partition).

3. Complete carpet change, and I would to like to fix the creaking and uneven floor boards.

PROJECT 2

1. New bathroom

2. Move a kitchen from one room to another, the room I want to move the kitchen to is a room with no window but DOES have an extractor fan in it.

So in light of the above, can you please advise on anything I should know before starting?

Also:

1. How should I select good workman?

2. I need inspiration for the bathrooms, so what should I do to get ideas?
[/list]

Sponsored Links
You need to be a little more precise with your questions, impossible to help if there are so many variables.

There will be a lot of plumbing and electrics to consider, which will all be covered be certain legal requirements!

Selecting a good tradesman/woman is general best by word of mouth.
Inspiration is found within!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back