advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

im in the middle of getting me extension rewired, ive got a bathroom onsuite and a bedroom.

there was going to be one lighting circuit for the above rooms protected by a rcbo.

would there be any advantage or disadvantage of having the 2 bathrooms on seperate circuits and protected by 2 rcbo's?

also regarding a shaver socket ive had a look in the regs regarding position and im a bit confused, i want it over the sink i heard 300mm from somewere is that true?

thanks in advance theo

Sponsored Links
i was under the impression that in a bathroom if you did not put any bonding in you would have to protect by the means of a rcbo?

have i been misinformed?

thanks

Sponsored Links
all the pipes etc in my bathroom are plastic, sorry i should have said in my first post.

i have a shower but its a mains pressure not electric, so regarding the question about 1 rcbo or 2 which is the best way to go?

thanks theo

can anybody confirm if i need 1, 2 or 3 circuits please?

thanks

Unless you intend to have a collossal amount of lighting in your bathroom there's not much point having seperate circuits, but there is certainally no harm in it if thats what you want.

No harm in putting the lighting on an RCBO, in most cases it is obligitary for installations to conform to the incoming 17th edition of the regs.

As far as your shaver socket goes, have a look into the bathroom zones, its in the wiki somewhere.
Shaver sockets/lights in most cases are fed off the lighting circuit.

thanks for the reply click

over the 3 rooms there will be about about 14 downlights, 12v maybe energy saving cfl's not decided yet.

might put the 2 bathrooms on one rcbo then the bedroom on a mcb

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back