Advice needed re. digital timer.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody:
Could someone please tell me if I can get a modern digital timer to replace the Danfoss 3060, which only has 'ON' connections?

Many thanks - Mike

Sponsored Links
Any 2-channel programmer will do the job. The back plate and terminal wiring will have to be changed.

The Honeywell ST9400A (24hr) or ST9400C (7 day) would be suitable. You could also look at the Honeywell Sundial RF2 Pack 2, which is similar to the ST9400C but incorporates a wireless room thermostat.

Thank you, that is very useful. The reason I asked is that, when I put the same question to my usual expert tradesman, he looked very doubtful and muttered "complete re-wiring". I naturally want to avoid digging up tiled and wooden floors!

he looked very doubtful and muttered "complete re-wiring".
If he said that, it might be because you have a gravity HW, pumped heating system.

Can you give us more details about your system - photos of the components would be very helpful.

Sponsored Links
Yes, your analysis is quite right. The source of heat is the Rayburn Nouvelle (gas fired, 1990) and the hot water side is indeed gravity. On the heating side we have a separate pump and motorised valve. When the timer and wall thermostat both activate, the valve opens and then the pump starts and the boiler side of the Rayburn lights.
A bit difficult to take photos because of the congested layout.
So it seems that my expert was right.

Thanks again - Mike.

That's great, thanks. At least I know now. And the Danfoss 3060 is still made, so there must be a few old-timers like me about!
Thanks - Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back