Advice Needed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys! I'm Darren from Cambs in the UK.

I've recently spent a small future on eight signed & numbered, limited edition art prints & custom framing.

I want to hang them in my bedroom, but the walls are made of plasterboard. Each picture weighs no more than 5kg. My landlord has requested that I don't heavy duty fixings i.e. the metal rawlplugs that expand behind the plasterboard when tightened up, as they can be a nightmare to remove & will cause a lot of mess.

I went to my local art suppliers today & they surgested using two of these double hooks (made by a company called Rektangle) per picture, as one of them alone can hold 5kg:-

doublepicturehook.jpg

I decided to buy a pack of three & see how I got on hanging just the one pic. When I got home, I read on the back of the packet (to see if there were any specific instructions) & it said that I should really be using these plasterboard hooks:-

plasterboardhooks.jpg

Now I'm really confused! To me the double hook does look more substantial that the plasterboard hook... HELP!

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Darren

Sponsored Links
Either will do.

The important thing is, when you hit the nail in, or press the hook in, is to make sure you don't jig it about , as then it will be a loose fixing. Just some light, straight taps to hit it in. With nails, angle then downwards slightly.

Normal plastic wall plugs will do for this job (and lots of others in vertical plasterboard), again as long as the hole has not been jigged about when drilling to widen it and make the plug loose

There are also plastic wall plugs for plasterboard, which do expand at the back, but looks just like any other wall plug, and when you leave, you can knock them through or drill them back out.

If the wall is one were it gets some vibration from doors opening/closing etc, then nails or hooks may work loose over time, so go for a wall plug and screw fixing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back