Advice on boiler service cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

How much should a boiler service cost and power flushing 7 radiators. I have been quoted £110 +VAT for service and £520 +vat for flushing system

is this good price? anything for me to be aware of or need to ask? i have never serviced my boiler before but do plan to do regularly from heron

I have a valliant boiler if that helps. Based in chelmsford if that helps.

Let me know if you need anything else

thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi, its because we had new boiler installed 4 years ago, added new radiators in between and was never advice of power flush so was advised to get it done.

was never advice of power flush so was advised to get it done.
Who has advised you to get one done? A lot of the time they’re not needed. Do you have problematic radiators?

Hi, its because we had new boiler installed 4 years ago, added new radiators in between and was never advice of power flush so was advised to get it done.

Who advised you?

If your boiler was installed using a vaillant filter and was done by an Advanced Vaillant installer, you get up to 10 years warranty.

As a condition of the warranty, the system water has to be "clean" according to certain standards. This means it has to pass pH and turbidity tests, carried out using special test kits and equipment.

If your CH water doesn't meet these standards, then it needs to be cleaned and treated with an inhibitor, to achieve the criteria, as set out in BS7593:2019.

This doesn't stipulate a powerflush is required. If your CH is performing well and your rads are getting warm throughout, then it may just be a matter of draining it down, cleaning out the magnetic filter. Filling back up with chemical cleaner, circulating this for a period of time. Drain down and flush through (using mains if sealed or expansion tank if gravity). Refilling and treating with inhibitor.
You can do this yourself if up to it, or get a local indy to do it.
You can get some test strips/kit and test before and after.

Why not do that before embarking on a powerflush?
As for cost of that, if you do need it, it sounds about right.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
We charge £70 + VAT for a Boiler service, and Powerflushing starts at £400 VAT (should cover 7 radiators) we are based in Chelmsford also.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back