Advice on builder/plumber problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We had a new combi installed last year. When I checked the booklet, the checklist has not been fully completed, and we haven't had a certificate from Corgi.
The plumber is Corgi registered, but I think he didn't complete the paperwork correctly due to an issue with the builder (i.e. builder got his own apprentice to do some of the pipework /rads etc, although not anything on the actual boiler).
I think this was probably so he didn't have to give the plumber the full amount we had paid for the work to be done.
I won't go into the full story, but needless to say we will never use the builder again - he quoted us for a project including boiler and plumbing work, tried to cream off some of the money for himself and cut corners. We paid for a proper installation but the paperwork is not complete.
Asking for this to be sorted hasn't got us anywhere, what would you recommend?

Sponsored Links
Its the heating engineers problem, contact him or Corgi

But I'm assuming the reason he hasn't done it is because he will legally be responsible for all the heating, even though he didn't do all the work. Do you think so?

i would still contact corgi and just ask the inspectors advice .when you install a boiler for a customer you dont always put in a full system just the boiler at times but would still recommision everything to check before handing over so you should still get a certificate for the boiler installation at least .he should have checked all the rads trvs etc before he left .

Sponsored Links
The RGI is responsible for the boiler and flue, plus the Gas and commissioning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back