Advice on buying kitchen.... where from and what to look for

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the market for a new kitchen. I've been around the usual places, MFI, B&Q, Wickes etc and the estimates have been coming in at around £3-£5k.

I'm wondering if i can score a better deal on the internet somewhere. There's plenty of places around, ebay is awash with online kitchen dealers.

One in particular on ebay seems reasonable and offers solid wood units for what appears to be the same price as the MDF varieties on the high street. Has anyone dealt with M & S Kitchens before? (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/M-S-Kitchens-Limited)

Otherwise, what specifics should i be asking about? I've added the soft closing runners and hinges to my list. Is 18mm thickness a standard size?

Appreciate any advice.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Redlagoon, I've never heard of M & S kitchens. Are they hoping that someone might think they're something to do with Marks and Spencer? Personally, I'd never buy a kitchen without seeing and touching the units (I recently touched a bit of beading in a kitchen display and it fell off. You can't see that kind of poor quality in a picture.)

Which magazine did a survey of satisfaction among kitchen buyers a while back and Wickes came out with a really good score for quality. Their units are apparently made of thicker board than some manufacturers. Ikea is often cited (by Sarah Beany, to name one) as being excellent value, although a plumber told me their sinks are a pain to install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back