Advice on cutting worktop please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I have a new gloss style kitchen worktop and I need to cut a into 3 peices.

What's the best way to cut it? Do I do it face down or up? I just need to do straight cuts.

Tool-wise I have a circular saw, now, I am a bit confused as to what blade to use. one blade is 24 teeth and 2.5mm thick, and the other is 48 teeth and 2.8mm thick.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I would use your finest blade ie'48teeth and cut it gloss side down, you may also want to put masking tape over the gloss where you are cutting but that is probably over kill

Thanks.
would it make a difference depending on if I start cutting from the front (on view) edge or the rear (against wall) edge?

As chappers says, Worktop face side down and start cutting from the good edge (finishing at the edge that goes against the wall)

Another tip. If you screw a batten to the underside of your worktop, you can use this to guide the edge of the soleplate on your circular saw to make a perfectly straight cut. Make a quick cut on a piece of scrap material first to find out how much you have to allow for the offset of the blade.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back