Advice on DIY e-learning course apps for a tablet please...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Was hoping someone could help out a novice DIYer who's after developing knowledge with a spot of e-learning. I'm under no illusion that virtual exercises are no substitute for actual physical practice, but I'm going to have a bit of time on my hands during the next few months, and want to do up a house (as much as I'm able) after that. It seems sensible to learn what I can while time's on my side, so I've been looking at some e-learning courses on electrics, plastering (?!) and plumbing and was wondering what people's opinions of them are...? I should probably point out that I'm not looking to get qualified in any of these areas, just to learn about them and get a head start, and perhaps avoid making some of the basic mistakes that I might of done otherwise.
As I've got a tablet rather than a PC, I was hoping to find an app that I can buy for download that would help me out, and ideally include 'virtual practice' as well as reading material.
So, does anyone have any advice for me?
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Better off reading these forums for a few months. Not many problems that haven't been covered on here.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Basically, I'm going to be limited by not being able to take many books with me and by not having internet access all the time, which is why I could do with using something which I can install on my tablet. Any suggestions anyone? :eek:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back