New Bosch SMS63E12GB dishwasher - tablet doesn't dissolve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve recently purchased a Bosch Excell Aquastar dishwasher (model SMS63E12GB).

I used it a few times and it cleans the dishes well, but after each wash I’ve opened the dispenser draw and the (all in one) tablet is still sitting in its dispenser, largely undissolved except for a corner or so.

I’ve tried this a few times, using different makes of tablet, but so far (1 week of use) it’s never got close to dissolving the tablet when in the dispenser and I’ve resorted to just putting one on top of the utensils holder instead.

Anyone able to help? – I got the machine installed and was wondering whether the engineer maybe forgot to connect something or remove a plug??

I’m a dishwasher virgin – am I right in thinking the detergent draw is supposed to stay shut the whole time, or it is supposed to open by itself during the cycle? (if so, then I’ve definitely got a problem :( )

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
I've an electrolux dishwasher...after an initial rinse the talbet drawer flies open and throws the tablet into the machine. Maybe its just a sticking drawer...open and close it a few times...

Al

You've got a problem - The compartment should open (operated by a solenoid) during the cycle.

If it's a new machine it will be under warranty - Get Bosch out to sort out the problem or replace the machine.

You've got a problem - The compartment should open (operated by a solenoid) during the cycle.

If it's a new machine it will be under warranty - Get Bosch out to sort out the problem or replace the machine.

Thanks for that -I'm a dishwasher virgin and initially thought the machine somehow flushed through the detergent container without it opening. I'll give it another try and if no joy get them out to sort it.

Sponsored Links
As a post script, I called Comet and explained the problem to them.

Their advice was that "The manufaturers all now advise that you put the detergent tablet on the cutlery tray now anyway, so you don't need the dispenser draw" :confused:

They were a little galled when I suggested I'd like it to work anyway, but got an engineer book for next week...

Their advice was that "The manufaturers all now advise that you put the detergent tablet on the cutlery tray now anyway, so you don't need the dispenser draw" :confused:

They were a little galled when I suggested I'd like it to work anyway, but got an engineer book for next week...

What absolute cobblers...my own machine gives a 10 minute rinse then pump out - if I did that, the tablet would have been gone before the wash started!
John :)

As Burnerman says - Absolute cobblers. It's you who should have been galled by this appalling attempt to fob you off with nonsense. The dispenser drawer needs to work.

They sell you defective goods and then expect you to just accept the defect ? . :rolleyes:

Read replies with interest. We have a 5 year old John Lewis dishwasher ( made by electrolux?) where tablet is occasionally not released and ends up at the end half dissolved and crockery not cleaned. Any ideas as dishwasher is now out of warranty. Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back