DISHWASHER TABLET WONT DISSOLVE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new dishwasher and it is the first time I have ever used one.

I have a problem in that the detergent tablet will not dissolve no matter what brand I use. I know the water is getting hot as the dishes are still warm when I open the door and the water is flowing freely. The tablet pops out of the container on the dishwasher door and ends up in a mushy mess in the base of the washer. Is this supposed to happen?

I thought I would try this site before sending for the engineer, to save making a fool of myself.

Please help.

Sponsored Links
Nell said:
The tablet pops out of the container on the dishwasher door and ends up in a mushy mess in the base of the washer.

When does this happen, during the wash or only when the door is opened.

salem2000 said:
Nell said:
The tablet pops out of the container on the dishwasher door and ends up in a mushy mess in the base of the washer.

When does this happen, during the wash or only when the door is opened.

It happens during the wash.

This would sugest, not enough water is being used in cycle, as the tablet would be washed away during wash and rinse.

Sponsored Links
salem2000 said:
This would sugest, not enough water is being used in cycle, as the tablet would be washed away during wash and rinse.
Many thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back