Advice on electric shower water inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have an Iflo 9.5kw shower fitted that has started leaking internally and needs replacing. The Iflo water connection is a direct push fit onto copper piping in the wall which means I now need to install an elbow onto the pipe in order to fit the replacement.

I've not decided on a replacement yet but possibly will be a Mira 9kw sport. I'm just wondering what the distance from the wall to the shower inlet centre is likely to be and are all showers going to be the same?

Additionally, if I use copper push fits, are they demountable if they leak. I've read some horror stories about them leaking and as it will be in a pretty inaccessible area would be a nightmare to fix if it wasn't.

Sponsored Links
Electric shower water and cable entry positions vary quite a bit. Steer clear of push fit fittings ,use soldered copper if you can and / or compression fittings.

Electric shower water and cable entry positions vary quite a bit. Steer clear of push fit fittings ,use soldered copper if you can and / or compression fittings.
Thanks, I am aware the positions vary and will buy a shower that will accommodate my inlet but what I'm after is how far out from the wall will the new pipe need to be?

No chance of using compression fittings so soldered it will be

The distance from the wall is also variable. The final connection to the shower is usually a compression fitting.

Sponsored Links
Most decent brands like Mira have variable connections that should cater for most situations... Worst case scenario is you might have to grout or silicone a screw hole or 2. As @terryplumb says, last fitting is usually compression and is tightened onto the pipe in the right orientation, before last nut is tightened when unit is fixed onto wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back