Advice on filling door way please

Reaction score
Country
South Sudan
Hi guys, I need to fill in the doorway on the pictures. I have bought some metal channel and plasterboard and some plaster and some joint tape.

I was thinking plasterboard the interior of the door, and then fill with plaster up to the internal edge of the door frame, then tape over the joint between plasterboard and door frame, then add some metal wire on the wood frame (as I have seen advised here in other threads on plastering over wood) and then plastering over all of it to cover it all.

Would that work?

I'm trying to avoid getting a doorway sized crack :) And also I don't want to protrude too much outwards as the door is currently flush with the wall. Anyone have any thoughts on a better approach?

Attachments

• IMG_20201211_123328.jpg
    IMG_20201211_123328.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20201211_123336.jpg
    IMG_20201211_123336.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
Also, can someone tell me what I should use to stick the paper tape to the board and wood with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back