Advice on fitting a new Drayton 10mm Push Fit Elbow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, this is my first post here so be gentle with me.

I moved into a bungalow last year where the central heating is using 10mm plastic speedfit piping. I have a number of radiators that seem to have very old Caleffi TRV's fitted. The current valves are fitted with one of those Drayton 10mm push fit to 15mm compression 90 deg elbows (pt no 08-08-904). I have decided to replace the old TRV's with Drayton TRV4's and also replace the elbows as the compression fitting looks different on the new valve.
My question is. Can I remove the existing 10mm pipe from the elbow without damaging it, or should i just cut the speedfit pipe and put in a new length of plastic pipe. The pipe comes out of the wall in the center of the Radiator's so I have access to enough pipe to cut it back about 100mm and replace with a new piece if I need to. Also will I need to use the speedfit pipe insert when using this type of push fit elbow?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
I think you will find the valve connections identical (1/2"BSP on the compressions).

But if not the 10mm pipe (with insert - insert always required) should come free of the elbow without damage. May require a release tool, I'm not familiar with this specific fitting.

That's going to make the job much easier if the compression fitting at the bottom of the old valve body is the same size as my new Drayton valves. When I looked at the nut on the compression fitting on the bottom of the old Caleffi valve it looks bigger than the one they supplied with the new Drayton valve.

Thank for your help

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back