Push fix chrome radiator elbows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks I have a radiator which I need to take the feeds out below the radiator valves at 90 degrees into the wall behind the radiator.

The radiator valves I have are 15mm compression fittings which I was going to brings down on a 50mm 15mm chrome pipe into a chrome compression elbow into chrome pipe into the wall picking up 15mm hep20 elbow.

However I have seen these

http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalo...tm_source=ProductSearch&utm_medium=GoogleBase

My questions am I able to put the spigot into a 15mm compression radiator value then push fit 15mm chrome pipe through the wall to pick up the hep20 elbow within the wall or should I stick to chrome compression elbows

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

Jon

Sponsored Links
Hep2o and I'm pretty sure all the other push fit manufacturers would not reccommend putting chrome plated pipe into a fitting.
The grab ring teeth may not be able to bite into the hard surface plating.
The options would be a compression fitting or carefully file the chrome off the pipe down to the copper, although I'm not sure where you would stand regarding warranty.
But don't risk putting the chrome tube directly into a Pushfit fitting.

Fitting the long chrome part into a radiator valve with a compression fitting should be fine. It is brass construction and that is its purpose. Not sure what you mean about the hep20? The elbow part of the fitting should fit directly onto plastic pipe - not chrome pipe. Also you should use an insert.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back