Advice on framing around wardrobes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have put together some IKEA wardrobes and would like to box them in to create a built-in look.

I plan to use MDF around the cupboards which will then be painted to match the doors, however I am unsure of the best way to create the framing structure around the wardrobes which I will fix the MDF too.

Here is a picture of the current wardrobes and two options of how to do the framing...

Option A consists of multiple little batons screwed in from the cupboard side and maybe also glued to the walls/ceiling. The finished MDF will then be screwed or glued into these little batons.

Option B uses smaller wood but covers the full width and length of the space.

Any advice welcome on the best way of doing it and open to other options too

Sponsored Links
Artboard Large.jpeg

Google for u-scribe jig, watch the videos, and get the one for your board thickness. That's the principle, fix from the robe side into the edge of the pieces.

Google for u-scribe jig, watch the videos, and get the one for your board thickness. That's the principle, fix from the robe side into the edge of the pieces.
Thanks however I am fine with scribing. My question is how to do the supporting framework before fitting the infill panel

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back