Advice on Hive Wiring Installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I know these questions have been asked many times before and I have looked through the forums already, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I think I know what I have to do but just wanted some advice validating what I believe.
I am adding a hive to an Alpha 35cd Boiler and taking out the easystat already installed.
I know the wiring should be L (Hive) to L; N (Hive) to N; 1(Hive) to Term 2; 3 (Hive) to Term 1 on the boiler. I assume that the easystat is disconnected and that I don't use those supplied wires on the boiler (you will see in the picture) as they numbered differently. I can put back the original blanking plate and those wires sit behind that).
I was hoping to confirm that I actually wire the Hive into the terminals below that, where the mains comes in - shown by arrows on the pic and that I also remove the link wire between 1 & 2.
Would appreciate any help in confirming this.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_7640.JPG
    IMG_7640.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_7641.JPG
    IMG_7641.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 219
Sponsored Links
simply the two red wires from the on board timer go to terminals 1 & 3 on the hive single channel receiver doesnt matter which way round , L&N are straight forward, do not make any links

Th
simply the two red wires from the on board timer go to terminals 1 & 3 on the hive single channel receiver doesnt matter which way round , L&N are straight forward, do not make any links
Thanks Ian for taking the time to reply.

So I can use the 4 wires which were connected to the easystat - rather than the mains terminals at the bottom? and then remove that linking wire thats already on the boiler?

Attachments

• IMG_7641.JPG
    IMG_7641.JPG
    230.9 KB · Views: 166
yes use the 4 wires from the easi-stat, but leave the linking wire that is already in the boiler there, do not make a link between L&1 as some other posts advise, that is for a different setup

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back