Advice on hump in wood floors...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thinking of purchasing a house. It is right across the street from my parents who are getting older and in the perfect location. However, there was a huge hump in the living room wood floors 2 years ago. The house was built in 2002 and is built on a concrete slab. The other wood floors on the first floor are in great shape. We recently looked at the house and the hump was gone, but a really bad fix had been done. It was fixed about a year ago and there is no hump now, just a bad patch job. I figured we would replace the floors in that room, but worried about what could have caused the hump. It was 3 to 4 feet long and 3 or 4 inches high. When my Realtor asked the other Realtor, he said it happened because the back door was left open. He specifically said there was no leak? The back door does face that room, but is this possible. I am in Northeast Oklahoma and it does get very hot and humid here. I have looked at the house twice recently, and did not notice any signs of settling or anything like that. The house has been on and off the market for the last 4 years. I think we can get a great deal on the house, just was worried that the flooring could be a sign of bigger possible problems. Any thoughts or advice?????

Sponsored Links
COACHSTUMP

us.gif

United States of America

screenshot_3.png

:confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back