Advice on installing home CCTV with SMS notifications?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, Just looking at ideas/advice from you experienced peeps!

I would like to know what options are available for the following setup.

Ideally I would like a couple of webcams or possibly an Axis M1054 IP camera setting up I have network points installed in most rooms and a wireless connection so I'm not limited to where I can place the cameras.

Basically I would like to setup a couple of PIR's with SIMS so I get a notification (picture) direct to my iPhone if they are activated. Can you guys recommend any particular makes of equipment that do this?

I'm in the process of building a home server, do you know of any free software I can install that would allow me to dial in remotely and control the cameras etc.

I remember seeing an article on the web last year where a guy had setup the same system as described above very cheaply, thought I’d bookmarked it but now can’t find it doh!!!

Sponsored Links
Enough freeware out there use google, think Eagle eyes is one.

Why SMS, set up motion detect on the cams and get am email, far better than SMS or MMS.

zoneminder is the best free cctv software around by some margin, but doesn't do sms (or isn't it msm with pics?)

It does do email though, and won't iphones do that?

Why SMS, set up motion detect on the cams and get am email, far better than SMS or MMS.

Because email is not instant on the iPhone. Even with Push Notifications you are looking at a 15 minute delay. Which is no good if your being robbed :LOL:

I'm aware of using google but being the Lazy man I'am would like feedback about the software you guys use on this forum.

Sponsored Links
LOL and a SMS may take days at certain periods :D

Get a voice dialler tripped by the software with a relay interface and have it call you direct then dial into the DVR/PC and watch then in real time.

Better ?

:D

LOL and a SMS may take days at certain periods

Not my experience with Vodafone / T-mobile as they have always been pretty much instant with SMS. Maybe its a problems on some of the more inferior networks with less coverage of the UK?

Do you have any links or ideas on the cost for the voice dialler tripped by the software with a relay interface? This sounds like a good option....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back