Advice on new combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Will b getting central heating fitted soon just getting afew quotes to see what sort of prices i get,looking to spend around 2500£ on full system which includes 4 rads and a towel rad and a 24kw boiler.
Noticed a big diffrence in price (1000£)depending which boiler is used but wanted any advice for a decent boiler,had two quotes so far one with a ideal logic+ and the other with a worcester is the later worth the extra??

Sponsored Links
I know off past they have not had a good rep but not found much of owners views on the newer ones and also 5 year warrenty but whats responce time like??
Any suggestions on boiler no bath and have elec shower so only need a 24kw one also would a rep fitter use a boiler i suggest or do they just stick with what they know.

it has been done to death on the forum, but here goes

make sure he is gassafe registered

combi can be cheap n cheerful or all singing/dancing you get what you pay for

you have a decent budget, so you should be looking at higher end marques

in no order

W Bosch,Vaillant,ATAG,Remaha,Viesmann,Gloworm, higher end Vokeras etc etc

all the best

Sponsored Links
For 2500 ish you should expect something like a vaillant ecotec plus, magnaclean, good rads and valves, and a decent programmable roomstat. Correct sized gas pipe etc. etc.

No pipework as comin of eco7 so should be correct pipe size but think he said about using some pipes for taps water which run behind kitchen cabinets think this is 15mm,thought the 2800£ was abit high but will double check boiler model.

you can get the viessmann 100 combi compact 28kw with 5 years warrantee or the Intergas HRE combi 28kw with 3 year warrantee for that price.
also magnaclean is a must :LOL:

Go for a Johnson & Starley Reno , decent boiler from a decent company , I do not work for & I have no connection to J&S !!!

WARNING edited 27th feb 2011 The Johnson & Starley Reno boilers have proven to be the most unreliable boilers we have ever installed a disgrace really . My apologies :oops:

Heres a breakdown of quote im looking at getting what u think ,may ask for single rads in bedrooms and change boiler for a worcester junior??

To supply and fit central heating system as discussed, price to include, £2,866.00

Viessmann 26kw Condensing Combi boiler
Magnaclean
Roomstat/Programmer
600 x 1400 Double Livingroom
600 x 1200 Double Bed 1
600 x 1200 Double Bed 2
600 x 600 Double Kitchen
Chrome Towel Rail Bathroom
Thermostatic Valves Where Required
All Associated Pipework
Removal Of Waste
Capping To Pipes
Building Regs Certs
Five Year Parts And Labour Guarantee

With changes to quote would this reduce as i really need to get under 2500£

Also anyone in the manchester area had full systems fitted and were happy with service/work could u let us know who u used via pm cheers.,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back