Advice on new large install 2 x (Vaillant 637 + Unistor 310)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have just come across this brilliantly useful forum and was hoping for your advice on a new install I'm having done next month.

We have a pretty large 1850s house we're refurbishing (3 storeys, 180 square meters per floor) - we're having:
- Polyplumb overlay system HW underfloor heating on ground floor
- Radiators on 1st and 2nd floor
My heating engineer has done all the calcs and has recommended 2 x Vaillant Ecotes plus 637 and 2 x 300L unvented cylinders

Please could you advise on quality of the products:
- The Vaillant 637?
- Rads: Stelrad Softline with Drayton TRV4s
- Undecided on choice of unvented cylinder - options are
+ Vaillant's own Unistor 310L
+ or Range Tribune HE TI300 (300 Litre)
+ or Range Tribune Pre-Plumbed TI300P (this is about £200 more per cylinder, but is it worth the extra for the ease and tidiness of install, and do I get anything in this package that I wouldn't get with just the non pre-plumbed version?)

I'm also wondering if it's worth sticking with Vaillant for everything (VRC 400, VR 65 Control Centre etc)

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Vailant is not a bad product, but the after sales service is easily the worst of all brands available in this country. If you choose to use it, your faith in the installer must be absolute, as there is little hope of the manufacturer offering help in case any problems pop up, and ufh plus 2 cylinders plus 4 zones is not exactly standard.

600ltrs of stored water , are you running an hotel? the high recovery coils in the unistor reheat the water very quickly, keep everything vaillant, the unistor is an excellant bit of kit and it simplifies the controls.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back