Advice on painting large area of exterior wood on Mill house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I own an old mill house in Suffolk, brick up to first floor, wood-clad to upper floors. The wood is painted white (painted by previous owner with Weathershield, I think). In places, particularly the North face it is going green with algae.

Does anyone know of a paint containing algicide that is better than Weathershield?

I am also replacing the windows in the Mill and the job is to be carried out in November. (I know - but that's just the way the PP and manufacture turned out). The entire upper part of the house will be scaffolded for the job. Would it be a stupid time to paint the wood, assuming we get some dry days, or will the cold affect the paint to its detriment?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

Sponsored Links
Trouble at t`mill ;) Consider something like sikkens - get a rep out from a local trade supplier/ or sikkens direct. They will be happy to look and advise

Whatever makes you happy -

137000_136966_26185_58326958_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could use Dulux "All seasons" masonry paint. Its pliolite based, dries in 15 minutes. Ive used this on wood many times and it works well. Its a finish in itself so doesnt need anything else over it. Dries with a slight sheen too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back