advice on plasterboarding and skiming the bedroom celings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

The two bedrooms in our house have ceilings that are the original plaster ceilings and have cracked over time. They have been repaired and do not appear to be in any danger of falling down. However, we want to sort them out for cosmetic reasons.

The ceilings are 14 x 11 ft and 12 x 10 ft in size. Our ideal method is to ask a builder / plasterer to affix plasterboard to both bedroom ceilings, scrim the joints and then finish it over / plaster it.

Can anyone tell me what range I would expect to pay for this? I live in London if that makes a difference?

Thank you

Andrew

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to put a price on it because I know in London prices vary alot.

To cut the cost do you think you'd be able to baton and board the ceilings yourself? This would then make it just a scrim and scim, a one man job.

The boards and battening would cost you about £70 to £80, and at a guess the scimming would be around £150 to £200.(about half a day)

All in without you boarding you'd be looking at a full day price, boards etc at there price plus £60 for mate or more. So around £450-£550.

Hope this helps or stirs up some probably more accurate estimates.

Gob's

You've already posted this once. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Hi there, sorry about that, must have gone mad, cant see how to delete this duplicate though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back