advice on plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a leak somewhere outside my bay window and it's blown the plaster. I have taken off the radiator and and knocked back the plaster.

Can anyone offer any vids or advice on plastering. I am cash strapped at the moment and I was hoping to try and do myself.

I know about covering the area in 50/50 pva/water and then second time and let go tacky...

but

Have I cut away the right amount of the old plaster (some of the old plaster is still there) ?

what plaster to get ? Bonding coat and finishing or just one of them ? how do you mix it ? how do you put it on ?

Any help is really appreciated

Attachments

• 20190324_182132.jpg
    20190324_182132.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links
Bonding and then finishing, u tube how to plaster and make sure the leak has been sorted first.
The wall just needs dampened down before applying the bonding coat, let it go off for around an hour then apply the finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back