Advice on power shower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, ive got to install a new mixer shower and pump but i dont normally get too involved in this kind of work so need a bit of advice...... going to fit the pump in a/c but the shower will be a good 25m run away, (with pipework runnig through the loft) what pump would be best for the long run and what size pipework would be best to use, the shower will be a bar type thermo mixer. any advice would be great. cheers

Sponsored Links
My immediate advice would be to do a little more research before you do anything; there is a lot of useful background info in the forum archive posts both from me & others & the pump manufacture’s guides can also be a help. A good pipe layout using the correct fittings is just as important as the pump itself, even more so with up & over loft runs over long distances. I wouldn’t contemplate anything other than 22mm on both feed & delivery lines; what type of shower head had you on mind? Depending on the location of the CWS tank & what gravity feed you can expect at the shower head, you may also need a negative head pump.

The shower i will be fitting will be a reasonably cheap (£100ish) bar mixer with a 3 pattern head, i had planned on fitting a watermill 3 bar pump an now 22mm pipe work right through. The only thing im not sure about is the size/location of the header tank.

Sponsored Links
The shower i will be fitting will be a reasonably cheap (£100ish) bar mixer with a 3 pattern head, i had planned on fitting a watermill 3 bar pump an now 22mm pipe work right through. The only thing im not sure about is the size/location of the header tank.
A 3 bar pump in 22mm will meet all but the most demanding or requirements, even with long pipe runs. C/W storage tank should be 250 litres & a minimum 300 mm but preferably 600 above the highest point of pipe runs if you can. H/W storage around 150 litres min or you could be restricted to shortish showers, depending on the shower head you chose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back