Advice on shower pump please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my father is about to start work installing a new pumped shower in my house for me and although he says he knows what he is doing, I would like confirmation of his approach.

We have the hot water cylinder in kitchen and cold tank in loft. Unfortunately there is no space in cylinder cupboard in kitchen for the pump, so he is adding a Surrey Flange to top of the cylinder and taking a new pipe from it up into loft. The pump will be located on the loft floor, a couple of feet below the cold tank.

I had been reading some of the information on this site and mentioned Anti Gravity Loop and vents and he said we don't need any of that.
Can you confirm that he is correct, and that I don't need to worry?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
It will more than likely work without it, but if the manufacturer says it needs an anti gravity loop and you don't fit one then your warranty will be void if the pump fails.

Sponsored Links
If your dad's sure then I'd let him rock on.

If it doesn't work then he needs to sort it, or pay to have it sorted?

That being said, I'd fit a loop to avoid any feed/air issues any time a pump is above the cylinder

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back