Negative head shower pump advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anybody please advise?

I have installed a thermostatic mixing shower in a dormer bungalow. There is no loft space and the cold water storage tank is in the airing cupboard next to the shower enclosure. The base of the tank is only 1670mm from floor and the top of hot water cylinder is 900mm from floor. The shower head wants to be 1800mm from floor so we are obviously in negative head territory. I only want to pump this shower so was looking at a Stuart Turner N1.5bar or a Salamander ESP50. Would any of these fit the bill? Next, the million dollar question! Essex or Surrey? I cannot fit the pump on the floor as no space so will have to go above cylinder and at least 200mm below base of cws tank. Does this mean a anti gravity loop? The only usable space i have is the 770mm between top of cylinder and base of cws tank. I wanted to ideally fit the Essex and anti-gravity loop but don't think i can physically fit it in. Would a Surrey be ok in this situation?

Many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Sponsored Links
Essex or nothing in my opinion.

What is the capacity of the storage tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back