Advice On Suitable Primer/LiquidDPM=CempolayWaterBased

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there.

one question, nice n simple ;) well, one posting! but as you know :confused: I do like to ask more than one question in any given OP on here

please advise me on the following

what primer?, and what liquid DPM? can or should I use, that will not fail or adversely affect the strength or life once the CementOne - Cempolay self level cement is poured on top off the DPM and primer.

As I have all ready bought the CementOne cement! i now need to get something that will suit it re dpm and primer

3. Cementone Cempolay self level screed Water based
2. liquid DPM - something that is suitable and compatible for the cementone - cempolay self level cement, maybe "Laybond"?? of Ardex or Fball
1. A primer to seal in the dust/old concrete and make a key for the self level cement to bind too, which is also compatible with the above 2. and 3.

or does compatability or use of other branded dpm or primer matter?

any thoughts or comments would be fab

Sponsored Links
Here's the thing Jay, if the old concrete floor is dusty you will need to screed it 1st. If you put the dpm on a dusty floor you will use loads and if any pin holes in the dpm an it won't work.

Hi Daz yeah i got that.

but the primer is going down first??, and then a liquid DPM, and there will be no holes in either finish

it is fine as a surface... it will not be dusty.. and it will not be rough when the time comes to priming it and liquid dpm'ing the floor before the self level goes down, and any holes shall be filled in first so to avoid sink holes

it was simply a basic description to help understand the scenario of the layers as they are built up. But i do wonder sometimes as to why i bother giving a nice and detailed description, to then get mixed/confusing replies back. but hey I ain't grumbelin, as i do very appreciate yours and everyones help

so what do you advise i can use?

as a LIQUID DPM....under the water based cement level

and a PRIMER, to go under the LIQUID DPM that is recommended for the above matter?

The screed is fine.
This is the order

Dpm on the concrete.
Primer neat
Screed

Sponsored Links
you shouldn't prime and then dpm. The dpm wont bond.

You can prime and then lay smoothing compound and then a dpm.

Or just use the dpm, you will need more as the dpm will become the primer.

oh!!!

sorry i see what you mean now, I had thought you prime it, then Liquid dpm it, then self level cement it. I have no idea where I got that info from? mind you I have had about 15 guys all giving advice n the way to do it and my mind is now turned to mush... :confused:

so you guys say, as i am doing a liquid dpm, i will not need a primer at all.
sweet...

3. Cementone Cempolay self level screed Water based
2. Primer
1. liquid DPM - onto the original hard floor. but something that is suitable and compatible for the cementone - cempolay self level cement, maybe Ardex or Fball dpm

thanks guys once again you point out the obvious to a fool like me.

so what liquid dpm should i use.. that is compatible with the self level cement i shall be using.

CementOne Cempolay stuff - water based

You will have to prime the dpm Jay.

I'm in Coventry on Wednesday jay, but sadly won't have time to call in as going the match lol

oh sorry

but i do not think i have offered an invite to you Daz! to call in??

but thanks for letting me know you wont be home on wednesday when I pop over for a coffee.. ;)

football is for boys

Rugby is for men

and this site is for jokers

oh and thanks for letting me know .. ok primer on the dpm. ok got it cheers dude

oooh one last thing before i shut the pc down

what makes you think i live in Coventry? lol oh dear.. not a clue!! not a clue

JayHS";p="2638184 said:
oh sorry

but i do not think i have offered an invite to you Daz! to call in??

but thanks for letting me know you wont be home on wednesday when I pop over for a coffee.. ;)

football is for boys

Rugby is for men

and this site is for jokers

oh and thanks for letting me know .. ok primer on the dpm. ok got it cheers dude[/

As a favour to help you. Why do you say this site is for jokers?

"As a favour to help you"

i wonder why you think that it is a favour, and to help me? more like help your own self worth in being righteous ( in your own mind ) but the shame is, is that you started the dig's and the banter.. so please do not cry over something you can not control

just move on. after all it is.. and was harmless banter Daz

as for the reply to you asking Why do you say this site is for jokers? as in, we like to have a giggle

my location is of no importance, we all live in the same sunshine and other than it might be raining in my neck of the woods, and snowing in yours? i am in the UK.

if i meant it to mean anything else i know I would have said so

i better not explain myself any more, as you will only copy n quote me.. and then where would this forum be? just copies n quotes and no real substance to speak of.

so i have moved on, how about you Daz

so I spent yesterday afternoon fitting a new bath panel and self stick vinyl floor in the main bathroom upstairs, and this morning it is looking simply stunning.

if only the Amtico was as simple eh? lol oh but thats another posting i think

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back