Advice on surface prep for exterior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope I've got the right forum! My problem is related to a decorative exterior boundary wall and my front window-sills.

The surface is very old and needs some sprucing up. I have exterior masonry paint, but the surface is covered in cracks and holes (pictures attached).

I'm not very experienced at outdoor stuff like this. If this was an interior wooden surface, I'd fill the holes, sand it down to an even surface, prime it then paint. What would the equivalent be for an exterior concrete surface? The same procedure but with different tools? What kind of abrasives would be used and what precautions should be taken?

Would exterior filler work for the part where the rendering is cracked off, or would this need to be re-rendered properly?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Andy

Sponsored Links
jet wash off any crap and scrape off and flaky render/paint
use OCR render made by weber for patch up any big bits the smaller cracks marks ect use an external filler 2/3 coats sanding after eact coat then paint it up with sandtex agen 2/3 coats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back