Advice on wiring for conservatory

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a new conservatory, I want to install two double sockets and lights via a switched FCU with a 3A fuse, all connected through an FCU with a 13A fuse on the other side of the wall in the lounge. The positions of the sockets and light switch FCU mean it would be simplest to connect both the second socket and the light switch FCU to the first socket, i.e. a T arrangement. But is this allowable or do all three have to be in a daisy-chain? Thank you in anticipation for your advice.

Sponsored Links
In a new conservatory, I want to install two double sockets and lights via a switched FCU with a 3A fuse, all connected through an FCU with a 13A fuse on the other side of the wall in the lounge. The positions of the sockets and light switch FCU mean it would be simplest to connect both the second socket and the light switch FCU to the first socket, i.e. a T arrangement. But is this allowable or do all three have to be in a daisy-chain? Thank you in anticipation for your advice.

As you are creating a radial circuit from the FCU you can wire them in any configuration. Remember, though, that this radial will be limited to 13A so anything more than a 3kW heater plugged in will be a no-no.
Remember your 30mA RCD protection !

DOH: Too slow ! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back