Advice -Overboarding leaking shower panels?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have a downstairs shower on back room ( main bathroom is upstairs) and it’s leaking from the vertical joints.

This happened after I removed a disability seat/handrail.
I did silicone over them and force it into the slight gaps but it has returned.

I only require 4 panels each side (which I already have/10mm thick like existing stuff).

The only problem I see is that the Mira shower (boiler/mains fed) head is fixed and if I step it out another 10mm and over seal/overlap the existing with new panels I can not get it back on due to not enough thread (not sure what’s behind it?).

I’m contemplating cutting out a hole with Multitool and adjusting the H&C copper feeds with end feed/solder.
BUT would I still be able to use the existing threads to refit shower back on?

I have only ever fitted bar showers with Screwfix surface mount kits tbh but don’t want to spend out on a new one if possible.

Any one advise or should I just strip it and see what’s there?

There is no leak at tray/base/cladding. It has quadrant. This will be removed and sealed properly with a proper profile tool.

Pics attached.

Cheers IMG_9979.jpegIMG_9980.jpegIMG_9981.jpegIMG_9983.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I’ve downloaded the manual and it looks like it it’s just 15mm protruding out and nut/olive?
Is this correct??

Is so Ivan easily extend existing 15mm 10-15mm and use new olives.

Can’t see how the ‘caps’ pop off and how the 2.5mm hex is used??

Manual- https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/documents/pwmi5031_9937_t.pdf

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_9986.jpeg
    IMG_9986.jpeg
    136.9 KB · Views: 28
Got the a shower off. Seems straight forward and cartridge just pulls out after removing screws. Plus the 2.5mm grub screw in the black plastic base.

Extended pipes 12mm and removed all old silicone and the awful PVC quadrant around the base.

Is it worth getting service kit for it?
The 3 connected 0 rings seem fine, souls I pop them out and use some form of grease or something, it’s back together now after a good clean of junk from over the years plus stops me losing parts. Lol

It just seems like the brass base they push fit into need a clean with something and a tiny amount form of lubricant that won’t perish the eu bee rings for a better fit……??

Cheers

B6FB0420-CF31-4A6A-A32D-61985DF78D57.jpegIMG_0024.jpegIMG_0021.jpegA3352B6D-5E9A-43EB-A0E8-64EF16F3D39F.jpeg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back