Advice please: Coax sockets and ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

A plea for some advice please.

I am extending a ring main along a wall to have 3 horizontal double sockets in total all at the same height and with the ring main running horizontally chased into the wall.

I would like to put a coax aerial socket next to the middle double socket at the same height. This means that the ring main cables would cross the socket horizontally. What is the best way to do this? I was thinking of using a shallow metal wall box and running the ring main behind it.

Is that acceptable? Any other recommendations?

Thanks,

Mark

Sponsored Links
Most co-ax f/plates need 15-20mm of space, so best if a 25mm+ b/box used.

Just chase deeper for the 1 x ring main cable and MAKE SURE you keep the run away from the fixing points for the co-ax b/box.

Horizontal chases should not be deeper than 1/6th of the thickess of the wall or leaf...

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys for such fast replies!

I'll go with carefully running the cables behind the back box then.

I also appreciate the comment of horizontal chases & 1/6 of the wall. The plaster is fairly thick so really I am only chasing into the brick enough for the T&E to be flush with the surface.

Cheers
Mark

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back