Advice please with repairing internal thermalite blockwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am refitting my bathroom and removed dot and dab drywall from thermalite blocks. where I have removed the bonding it has taken lumps out of the blocks, some about 30mm deep, would it be best to fill with hardwall or bonding, and is there any prep needed before filling as I should imagine the blocks are quite porous.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
What are you doing with the wall?

What are you doing with the wall?

Thanks for responding.
I have removed the bottom half of the plasterboard all around the bathroom which was tiled and will be replacing with dry wall plasterboard dot and dab on the blockwork

If you are dot and dabbing the wall just fill the holes with your adhesive . ;)

Sponsored Links
rotadays said:
will be replacing with dry wall plasterboard dot and dab on the blockwork

Just checking - these areas that you plan to dot and dab - can you confirm that they will not be in a wet area? (e.g. Shower)

rotadays said:

Just checking - these areas that you plan to dot and dab - can you confirm that they will not be in a wet area? (e.g. Shower)

The dot and dab is not in the wet area, in the wet area there is a metal partitioning system where the plasterboard is screwed to the frame

rotadays said:

The dot and dab is not in the wet area, in the wet area there is a metal partitioning system where the plasterboard is screwed to the frame
What newby is getting at is are you tiling on plasterboard in a wet area as that is a big No No,,,,

rotadays said:

What newby is getting at is are you tiling on plasterboard in a wet area as that is a big No No,,,,

OK thanks for the advice. I am assuming you mean fitting Aqua board or similar products in the wet area which I am looking in to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back