Thermalite Blockwork - Internal Rendering/Plastering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, we are getting close to having a Plasterer in to do our internal work, but the walls are built from Thermalite Block. I know a lot of people prefer dot/dab, but I don't really like this method due to the problems fixing stuff to the walls etc.

Is rendering a really bad idea?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm a typical worrier and leading up to the plastering being done I have committed the Google research crime just to check I am doing it right. :oops:

I've read about Thermalite blocks drying the render out too quickly and the finish cracking etc.

I have a couple of individual walls elsewhere in my home that are dot/dabbed and I hate it, if I could pull the board off and render those walls easily I would.

So, whats the best way? Sand/Cement? Hardwall?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I'm a typical worrier and leading up to the plastering being done I have committed the Google research crime just to check I am doing it right. :oops:

I've read about Thermalite blocks drying the render out too quickly and the finish cracking etc.

I have a couple of individual walls elsewhere in my home that are dot/dabbed and I hate it, if I could pull the board off and render those walls easily I would.

So, whats the best way? Sand/Cement? Hardwall?

Thanks.
you can use both but the walls have to be soaked till they are not thirsty anymore or you could use sbr to seal the walls if using render, if your spread cant do this then get another

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back