advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am thinking of building a extension the full lenth of my house,at the moment there is a small lean2 were i have removed the intier doors.
i plan 2 build a double skin wall windows on 2 sides tiled roof with velex,
6 metres x 4 meters
what would i need 2 do 2 get the ball rolling as i guess i will need planning and regs would i need to get proper drawings done how much would they be ruffly?i plan 2 do most of the work with help from friends.
could you give me a rough idea how much it would cost in materials 2 do footings and blockwork insulation and floor.
many thanks for all
advice [/img]

Sponsored Links
I would start by using the word 'too' instead of '2' as text speak is not only infuriating, but will also encourage people to take you less seriously.

Start at around £7000 to get up to dpc.

sorry about that not that good with grammer.
7000 that sounds a lot just for matierals,how would you break this down

The chances that you original "lean to" complied to Building Regs. For an extension are not good but it probably didn't have to. Given that's the case, you may have already contravened BR's by removing the doors separated the main house from the lean to.

Problem is it's probably not just a case of extending or building on what you currently have; if it doesn't comply with current BR's, you will have to knock it down, dig it up & start again, including the foundations. The total cost of your new extension will reflect that unless you are planning to do the all the work yourself.

Sponsored Links
hi i intend to knock down and dig new foundations.lean to has no footings and is just timber frame.do you think 7000 is about right to get up to dpc for 6 x 4 meters cheers

May even be more than £7000 as I have just noticed a cheeky soil pipe at the corner of the existing structure so you will need to move the drains outside your proposed new build.

First thing you will have to do is contact your water co and pay them for the privilge of telling you who owns the drains.
From there it can get even more expensive if they own it unfortunately.

Good luck
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back