advice re radiator parts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, first post and new to plumbing so please bear with me. i am in process of renovating an old home i bought (all i could afford :)). I will be getting a plumber in to do some stuff but i want to buy materials myself so i wish to check 2 areas.

1) I am completely refitting bathroom. i need to replace radiator in there as it is in bad shape. i want to fit a towel warmer/radiator. not so concerned about the heat output as it is a small room and always warm. i have seen one on offer from scewfix direct (link below) and wonder if the TRV pack that comes with it will fit ok to pipes coming out from the floor. i have seen it somewhere else but the TRV pack was connected to pipes coming from the wall. excuse my stupidity if i have missed something but im not sure if this pack will work with pipes coming from floor. thanks.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/65177...m;jsessionid=LY5KYJT11KMLWCSTHZOCFFY?ts=26601

2) the rest of my radiators are reasonable and apart from painting them i wish to replace the radiator valves on both ends as mine are horrible looking. i would like to put TRV on each of them (7 in total). again with each pipes are coming from the floor. am i correct in sayin that i need Angled Thermostatic Radiator Valves as opposed to straight and lockshield valves for other end. (all pipes 15mm so ok there). i am confused by the following lockshield valve as it says 15mm x 1/2 inch.........wat is the 1/2 inch part is this till ok for mine if used with a 15mm angles TRV

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/93129/Plumbing/Radiator-Valves/Terrier-Lockshield-Valve-15mm-x

appreciate your help and hope u are considerate of my lack of knowledge on plumbing. :?:

Sponsored Links
The trvs you are proposing will be ok for all. :D

You need to buy a rad spanner too which is a big allen key.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back