1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice re: sink overflow fittings

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by supersoozy, 30 Mar 2008.

1. supersoozy

supersoozy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have an inset sink. I have noticed a large amount of water in the cupboard underneath. Inspection showed that the overflow pipe was disconnected from the sink.

However, and this is my question, this is just a black corrugated tube that seems to slot over the outlet from the sink - it has no connector and is very loose if just "pushed" over the outlet - in fact it won't stay on the outlet.

Am I missing a connector and if not how do I make this stay on the overflow to stop the leak of water??

Thanks,

Sue

2. Sponsored Links
  3. stardanny

stardanny

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    use a hose clip, from any good car spare shop.

Dan :)

4. supersoozy

supersoozy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Simple when someone else says it - why didn't I think of that!!!!

Thanks, Dan,

Sue

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local