Advice re speaker buzz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just decorated home office in bedroom. Unplugged and moved out all PC related gubbins. Just put everything back into the exact place they were previously situated and I now have an annoying buzz coming from woofer box. The speaker system is the type that has 2 small desktop speakers and a woofer/sub woofer box (sorry don't know the difference!) plugged into Pc.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I had that exact problem. The woofer unit had an intermittent fault. I thought it might have been a bad solder joint but I dismantled the unit and couldn't trace the fault cause. Rather than waste more time, I recycled the system and bought another one.

(I tested my unit by bashing it repeatedly on a concrete floor. The buzzing noise occasionally stopped.)

I can't guarantee that your fault cause is the same but it's a possibility until you prove otherwise - especially since you say that nothing is different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back