Advice Relating to Wooden Filler Had to Use Above Window.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any advice\comments on this would be appreciated please.

Above one of my double glazed windows is a wooden plank instead of plaster board which cannot be removed.

The room was re-plastered and the plaster obviously couldn't skim over the wooden plank. Instead the skim was done up to where the edge of the skim, meets the wooden plank.

I have used some wooden filler over the top of the part of the plank to try and merge and blend in the look and feel between the wooden plank and skim.

I have sanded the filler and painted but you can see the filler quite boldly following painting. Apart from sanding some more of the filler and repainting any other ideas or suggestions?

I have attached pictures which hopefully show how it looks currently.

Thanks in advance.

20200802_182730.jpg
20200802_182739.jpg
20200802_182739.jpg

Sponsored Links
Would have been nice to have pictures from further away but they do show the challenge you have. I think you have done a good job but more filler and paint I think is unfortunately going to be needed to achieve the finish you want

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back