Advice req. on routing bathroom mirror heater wiring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
I would like to lay the wiring for a mirror heater before my bathroom walls are plastered next week.

Is it possible to run this 85W heater from the lighting supply by running a lead up to the loft as the only other mains supply is under the floor and would mean going all the way up the the loft in a dry zone to come down to the mirror as it will live right above the sink.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BATHROOM-MIRR...rms=39:1|66:2|65:7&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1318

155819178_tp.jpg

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
It can be run off the lighting circuit. I would connect it via a 3A FCU.
Please note, work in a bathroom is notifiable.

Thanks for that.
Is the FCU to be fitted to the side of the mirror, or as I run a lead down the wall as the top of the mirror will sit quite high.
Also, should the FCU be switched or could steam cause problems with the switch?

I'm just laying the cables & backing box BTW, I'll get a sparkie to connect it to the mains and sign it off to conform.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back