Advice required on neighbours waste pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone please advise me if this is ok. I know nothing about plumbing but a few people have commented that it doesn't "look legal". It my neighbours new waste pipe since they moved their toilet and as you can see its an external wall overhanging my drive. Its quite unsightly and I was worried it may leak on my drive. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't think it was illegal but I would have done a better job than that with the waste pipe running inside. :confused:

If its invading your airspace then could technically be tresspass. Assume you gave permission for them to work from your drive to install it?

My biggest worry would be if it blocks and they have to break into it to clear the obstruction. Not exactly a masterpiece of soil pipe work....

Can't see a problem, other than looks.

Assuming he still has a vent inside it should work fine

Sponsored Links
Its your space they cant do it.
Suppose you want to build a wall/shed.
What about if you damage it, then is it your fault or there fault (because it shouldnt be there).
I would seek legal advise, depends how you get on with the neighour.
Did you not see it being done?

I did see them doing it yesterday but thought seeing as it was their wall they could do it. It was only when other people mentioned it that I thought it might not be right. My father in law thinks that the waste pipes should be inside, also you can't have two running into one or something.
I do like my neighbour so don't really wanna cause a fuss if its all legit and just a bit of an eyesore. Was just worried in case it was illegal and more likely to spill waste onto the drive. And I did think they were very cheeky to put ladders etc on my drive without asking!!!!!!!

Have a word with the man, if a plumber is doing the work he may not be aware of the problem.

It certainly could be illegal if it's in your air space, it could also affect your resale value. :eek:

If it's a new ish building check with the Council as well.

What is the world coming too when your neighbours wont even let you have a sh#te in peace ;)

What is the world coming too when your neighbours wont even let you have a sh#te in peace ;)

So there you are nice summers day (I know we dont get many), having a bit of lunch & splosh its your neighbour getting rid of a t***.. :LOL: After you heard the fart. :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back